Full Job Description
While working at one of the hot spots in River North, you will be seating guests and managing reservations through OpenTable. Monitors restaurant activity to determine seating and dining flow. Responds to guest inquiries and requests in a timely, friendly, and efficient manner. Performs opening and closing duties with managers, as needed.
- Greet and seat guests at appropriate tables in a timely manner.
- Be attentive to guests' needs and assist in providing a pleasant dining experience.
- Know how to properly take reservations using OpenTable.
- Ensure quality control of menus with regard to cleanliness and appearance.
- Perform opening and closing duties, as needed.
- Scheduling Hosts.
- Have a thorough knowledge of menus and current specials.
- Assist servers in the servicing of guests as needed.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- 1-2 years experience in the Restaurant industry.
- Flexible and long hours are sometimes required.
- Ability to stand during the entire shift.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all levels of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous, and service-oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous, and service-oriented manner.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Maintain a friendly and warm demeanor at all times.
The creation of Bar Cargo: After months of working with local chefs, pizzaiolos, and even a world pizza champion, the dough recipe and 96-hour rise process was perfected. The result is a thicker crust that is both light and airy. Topped with fresh & fun ingredients and baked in the Castelli ovens imported from Italy, the perfect Roman-style pizza is achieved.