Full Job Description
Hiring Immediately: Server! - Must have weekend availability, including Sundays.
- BCBS health insurance & other options including dental
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Restaurant discounts
- Opportunities for career growth
Located in Chicago’s bustling River North, Fulton Market and Streeterville neighborhoods, Ramen-san is a lively neighborhood noodle den and bar reminiscent of traditional ramen shops in Japan and features a half-dozen different bowls of ramen, blast-chilled beer and rare expressions of Japanese whisky. Open for lunch, dinner and late night, the menu also incorporates Asian-inspired offerings like traditional okonomiyaki on the weekends and Late Night Fried Rice daily after 10 PM.
Caring. Creative. Careers.
Join the Lettuce Entertain You team! Our 100+ restaurants are nationally recognized for great food and service and as great places to work. We hire and care deeply for people with creativity, passion and the drive to be the best. And we reward our teams with top notch benefits, career-long training and development and opportunities for growth. If you want a career at a progressive company with a long-standing commitment to people, join our caring and creative team.
EOE. We participate in E-Verify / Participamos en E-Verify
Servers are responsible for exceeding guests’ expectations by providing efficient, friendly guest service. Teamwork, enthusiasm, food and wine knowledge, the ability to multitask and a high energy level are necessary for success in this position.
- Provide efficient, friendly guest service to a 3-6 table section including but not limited to following all steps of service and bussing the table to ensure a positive guest experience
- Accurately record and account for all items ordered, process payments, and balance all sales/receipts in compliance with restaurant policies and procedures
- Available to work a variety of hours, days and shifts, including weekends
- Safely and effectively transport food or beverages to a table of three in a single trip
- Safely and effectively use and operate all necessary tools and equipment
- Ability to effectively communicate in order to perform and follow job requirements in written and spoken direction
- Ability to multitask calmly and effectively in a busy, stressful environment
- Work in a confined, crowded space of variable noise and temperature levels
- Able to move and lift up to 10 pounds, frequently move and/or lift up to 25 pounds, and occasionally move and/or lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to stand and walk for an entire shift and move safely through all areas of the restaurant, which may include stairs, uneven or slick surfaces
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensure the overall guest experience exceeds expectations and anticipate guests’ needs
- Greet guests with a warm, sincere smile
- Use tact and good judgement when dealing with guest challenges and respond to guest needs with patience and courtesy
- Understand and respond knowledgeably to questions about the restaurant and menu
- Use sales techniques to present and encourage current promotions to guests
- Follow all steps of service
- Understand and follow the food allergy procedure and special orders/restrictions
- Proficiency in the use and operation of all necessary tools and equipment, including the POS system and Frequent Diner, Gift Card and Credit Card terminals
- Comply with all safety and sanitation guidelines and procedures
- Successfully complete alcohol awareness training
- Follow all rules, policies, procedures and conditions of employment, including those outlined in the Employee Handbook
- Get along well with others and be a team player
- Other duties will be assigned as needed